Entrepreneurship, Society and Technology Lab
LaBEST – Entrepreneurship, Society and Technology Lab is an investigation unit hosted by Instituto Piaget and has Instituto de Estudos Interculturais e Transdisciplinares de Almada (ISEIT) as a managing entity.
This Lab has the goal of identifing problems and needs on the society transforming them into windows of opportunity. The aim is to develop products/services that contribute with solutions to solve the problems identified beforehand. Underlying, is the promotion of knowledge- transfer from academy to market.
The guiding principles of LaBEST are:
- Research Independence
- Lab Autonomy
- Scientific Objectivity
- Commitment to Share
- Researchers Sovereignity
High-level Intellectual space to develop synergies in order to grow scientific production and expand competences. The lab is working on three strategic axis of action and development:
- Define the Investigation and research axis emphasizing partnership with other Institutions;
- Increase scientific production and its relevance;
- Promote the researchers connection with the Research Center;
- Increase the economic valuation of research projects;
- Host scientific and business projects;
- Contribute to the investigators connection aiming to publish within common themes.
LabEST is organised into three groups of investigation: Entrepreneurship, Society and Technology. All the groups have a president and a vice-president and a scientific coordinator, as well as researchers, who are grouped according to their investigation theme. The researchers are grouped according to their investigation axis preferences, skills and scientific CV.